Equipments & Facilities
SILT’s physical facilities are instrumental in maintaining the high technical standards in job performance, research and in continual upgrading of professionalism. Some of the major equipment and physical facilities that SILT has at its disposal are:
- Drilling Machines, Soil and Material Testing Laboratory, which is well equipped with instruments for routine/specific concrete, soil and rock mechanics tests, drilling rigs, water pumps, generators and all other necessary field equipment. SILT has 5 sets of drilling machines for undertaking drilling works (horizontal and vertical diamond core drilling upto 300 m deep).
- Deep Tube Well Boring Machine, a truck mounted heavy boring machine with capacity for boring upto 500 m deep.
- SILT has continuously upgraded its range of Survey Equipment and it has in its own disposal 4 sets of total station, electronically operated distomates (EDM), several sets of theodolites, leveling machine and a whole range of other surveying and drafting equipment.
- SILT has more than 30 computer sets, laptops of latest specifications and several heavy duty color laser printers, plotter, scanner and digitizer. SILT is equipped with GIS and Auto CAD Systems including GPS
- Apart from various commonly used software, SILT uses different special purpose packages for the design of highway and bridges, project management, for slope stability and economic analysis, geo-technical analysis and surveys. The Software programmers of SILT are well capable of programming software required for other special purposes and design.
- Secretarial Back-up of SILT is provided through several photocopiers, including an A3 size five colour photocopier, with wide range of enlargement/reduction facilities, report/map binding machines etc.
- SILT is well setup with all the necessary communication facilities including fax, e-mail, broad-band internet system, networking of the information system.
- SILT has its own library cum meeting hall which possess comprehensive collection of books, documents and reference materials on a wide range of subject area.
- SILT has at its disposal a whole range of transportation facilities including;
– 5 Four Wheel Drive Vehicles
– 8 Sedan Cars
– Over a dozen motorbikes
- SILT is well equipped with a number of full sets of camping equipment and facilities for carrying out survey and field works.